Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Sharp Hook of Love Blog Tour and Giveaway


The Sharp Hook of Love

by Sherry Jones
[historical/biographical/literary fiction]
Release date: October 7, 2014
at Simon and Schuster/Gallery Books
384 pages
ISBN: 978-1451684797
***
Sharp Hook of Love - cover

SYNOPSIS

“To forbid the fruit only sweetens its flavor”
Among the young women of 12th century Paris, Heloise d’Argenteuil stands apart. Extraordinarily educated and quick-witted, she is being groomed by her uncle to become an abbess in the service of God.
But with one encounter, her destiny changes forever. Pierre Abelard, headmaster at the NĂ´tre Dame Cloister School, is acclaimed as one of the greatest philosophers in France. His controversial reputation only adds to his allure, yet despite the legions of women swooning over his poetry and dashing looks, he is captivated by the brilliant Heloise alone. As their relationship blossoms from a meeting of the minds to a forbidden love affair, both Heloise and Abelard must choose between love, duty, and ambition.
Sherry Jones weaves the lovers’ own words into an evocative account of desire and sacrifice. As intimate as it is erotic, as devastating as it is beautiful, The Sharp Hook of Love is a poignant, tender tribute to one of history’s greatest romances, and to love’s power to transform and endure. [provided by the author]


ABOUT THE AUTHOR
 

Sharp Hook of Love - Sherry Jones

SHERRY JONES is also the author of Four Sisters, All Queens;
The Sword of Medina;
and her controversial, internationally bestselling debut, The Jewel of Medina.
She lives in Spokane, Washington.
Visit her website. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter , Google +, Pinterest, and Linked In
Subscribe to her newsletter. Send her an email: sherry [at] authorsherryjones [dott com
Buy the book: S&S | Amazon | B&N | BAM | IndieBound | Kindle | iBookstore | Nook









Giveaway: There will be a giveaway for this book!

Rules/ Details:
It’s open internationally
We will have 10 winners:
print or digital copy for US/Canada,
digital copy for overseas


Please see the bottom of my blog to enter!!!

My review:

Overall I thought this book was good. It was interesting to read about this romance and this couple that I have never heard of. I learned alot about them. Now I have to say they are called the original Romeo and Julliet which I saw many simularities between the two stories in this book. I wondered if this is really who Shakespeare based his play on? It interesting to pose questions like that and it just adds to the books appeal. I have to say as well I really liked the books cover and how much it looks like fine art. Which is just what this book was fine art, well written and interesting.

My final verdict: I would highly reccomend this book!

I would like to thank France Book Tours for letting me read and review this novel and letting me host the giveaway!

Sharp Hook of Love - banner

6 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your thoughts about this book. glad you liked it! As for Romeo and Juliet, actually it was based on other tales and stories. I don't think the life of Heloise and Abelard was one of them. They are impossible lovers yes, but really life after their impossible love is so very different for both couples. Heloise ended up a very renowned and honored abbess in a convent, nothing to do with the Shakespearean tragedy, I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your insight! I didnt know all that! The book coins them as the frist Romeo and Julliet and I saw some of the same things between the stories, but I could of interpreted it wrong. Again thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  2. The fact is, Abelard and Heloise are lovers of such renown, and were throughout Europe during the Middle Ages right up to today, that Shakespeare very well may have been inspired by their tale. And Heloise haerself coined the term "star-crossed lovers." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thank you for this lovely review of my book, and to Emma for organizing this tour. ����

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for coming to my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've come across references to this couple but never knew their story. Now I'm really curious.

    ReplyDelete